RIGHT CHRIST/RIGHT GOSPEL/RIGHT YOU
False Christ’s produce false gospels. They go together.
A charismatic church service is not right and a liturgical service not wrong. They are just different. A gospel is not false because it allows Baptism by sprinkling and has no commitment to baptism by immersion. Neither is a gospel false because we have minute pieces of bread and miniscule glasses of wine at the Lord’s Table - when we could be having a meal, which is what Jesus and the disciples were doing when Jesus initiated the practice. Both rites are signs of the reality we are called to remind ourselves of and live in: Christ is our life.
The one authentic Gospel is the Gospel of Jesus and the apostles. There are no additions or subtracions that have any validity.
SIGNS OF LIFE
SIGN ONE: Our transition from the old to the new covenant as we live fom the death of our ‘Adamic self’ and the rise of our ‘Jesus Self’.
SIGN TWO: Our eating of the Lord’s person in the Spirit is symbolised by eating the bread and drinking the wine. Jesus declared. ‘Those who eat me will live because of me,’ and again he said most plainly that ‘Unless we eat his flesh and drink his blood we have no life in us.’ He meant that we have no spirit and life when we substitute religion for Him.
The truth is that Christ is our life as Paul declared. Paul means incarnation. By becoming one with Christ because He has made it so and due to the fact that He has drawn us into the fellowship of the Holy Family, we become the expression of Jesus, our Father and Holy Spirit. We are one with Christ. We need to agree with Jesus that we are and live from where He has placed us in Himself.
Whole denominations have arisen based on ‘a different gospel.’ Many Believers live out their lives in the old covenant or a mixture of the new and the old. Swathes of Believers while not tied outright to legalism, live a subtle legalism of Christian performance if not outright moralism.
Morals are not the door to the Kingdom. Jesus is. And Jesus is the way to a Godly life. ‘On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you’ John 14.20. This is the Grace that transforms our lives – oneness with Jesus.
The Kingdom Jesus began is not a religion. It is the trinity incarnated in you and in us all. God is relationship and we are sons because we and our Father are one. Life in the Spirit is not airy-fairy. It is us in one substance with God. Sure, we are not God. We are sons and daughters of God. Christ has come in our flesh which means that we are the manifestation of Him. This is sonship in spirit and truth. Not in religion or pious utterances but in actuality.
Grace is not a method of coping with the law. Grace is Christ’s life as our life.
IGNORE ERRANT ANGEL’S AND DEVIANT PROPHETS
Paul wrote, “I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel—not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.” (Galatians 1:6-9)
• A gospel is false when it dilutes or annuls the above facts of our union and fellowship with God.
• It is false when it subverts this new and living way by positing an unfinished atonement.
• It is false if it asserts that the law is still in play as a ‘way’ to God and grossly mistaken if it claims that the old covenant is the new covenant or an adaptation of it.
• It is a deception if it purports that we remain in the law but have the advantage of living out the precepts with Jesus help.
• It is a lie if it argues that Jesus lived under the law and that His ministry was directed to supporting the law. Jesus lived in and totally from His Father. His command is that we are to live totally in and from Him.
• It is subversive if it smothers the incarnation with legalism. Jesus is not the Grand Supervisor of things we should do. Since He is the way, the truth and the life, Jesus manifests Himself as us so that we become His living and doing.
• A gospel is diseased if it asserts that there is even one rite, one observance or one or more laws with which we must comply if we are to attain union with God.
• A gospel is counterfeit if it assumes that we can be of the Kingdom of God and at the same time living from religion. Christ our life is exclusionary. Christ our life means anything not Him is not our life and incapable of imparting spirit and life. Anything not Christ our life is the fall extended beyond the time.
Any deviation from the gospel of the Kingdom lessens life. We are graced by Christ’s life. Yet grace is always an opportunity to advance into greater vistas of truth. Grace is not a reason to lie supine in error because it is our error and therefore our identity.
Perversions of the gospel are spiritually ulcerous and gangrenous. They are evil. We multiply life by defeating death. Death incubates itself in the co-vid of untruth, in non-gospels and half-gospels. Death spreads in lies. The body of death is not the Body of Christ. Ricky Joyner writes,
“In each of the great battles you must fight there are two battles going on: the one without and the one within. The one within is to find the righteousness, peace, and joy that is His kingdom. If you win that one, you will win all of the others as well. “The Lord created this valley, but men made it the Valley of the Shadow of Death. So He uses it to seal in His people who they are called to be -warriors that do not kill, but impart life. They do not wound, but heal. They do not oppress, but set captives free.” (1) Discerning, apostolic ministry separates death from life and other gospels from the Gospel of the Kingdom. This is the glorious liberty of the people of Christ.
(1) Joyner, Rick. The Valley (Fire on the Mountain Book 2) (Kindle Locations 106-110). MorningStar Publications and Ministries. Kindle Edition.